Statement of Intent
Our vision for music is that we provide every child with high quality music
experiences which engage and inspire them. We provide opportunities for
all children to create, play, perform and enjoy music and to appreciate a variety
of music styles.
We aim for every child to leave Christ Church Primary School with a range of
musical skills, knowledge and an understanding and love of music which they can
carry with them for the rest of their lives.
At Christ Church Primary School, the aims of music teaching are to enable children to:
• know and understand how sounds are made and then organised into musical structures;
• know how music is made through a variety of instruments;
• know how music is composed and written down;
• know how music is influenced by the time, place and purpose for which it was written;
• develop the interrelated skills of performing, composing and appreciating music;
• enjoy and appreciate a wide variety of musical styles;
• make and quantify judgements about the quality of music;